A classic indonesian-inspired rice dish, served optionally with a fried egg.
Nasi Goreng is a traditional Indonesian fried rice dish, which is hugely popular among Dutch people. The beauty of Nasi Goreng is that there are so many ways to prepare it, depending on your personal preference. Traditionally, the meat used is ham, but chicken, beef, tofu or no meat at all is fine. Add in whatever vegetables you have. Using Conimex Nasi Goreng spices makes this an easy meal to prepare, one full of flavour. Try serving it with great Conimex sides; kroepoek (shrimp crackers), sambal (careful, it’s HOT!), ketjap manis (sweetened soy sauce), or browse our selection of Conimex products.
|400g (1 1/2 Cups)||Rice (Cooked, Dry)|
|400g (1 1/2 Cups)||Unsalted, Cubed Port (Or really any meat)|
|1||Leek, cut fine|
|2 Tablespoons||Vegetable Oil|
|1 Package||Conimex Nasi Goreng Mix|
- Cook the rice. Set aside.
- Boil the Nasi Goreng packet with 150 ml water for 10 minutes (add extra water as necessary).
- In a separate frying pan, cook the bacon If using) and cubed meat until brown.
- Add the chopped onion and the re-hydrated Nasi Goreng mix.
- Add the eggs and stir until cooked and broken into small pieces.
- Add the cut leek and fry the whole thing for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until warm through.
• Add sambal (careful…it’s hot) and ketjap manis to taste
• Serve with kroepoek (shrimp crackers) on the side
• Serve with fried egg and chicken sauté.
• Add peppers and cooked mushrooms.
• Add shrimp or replace bacon with shrimp.