Mix for Stracciatella cake with chocolate pieces.
- 1 pack Koopmans Stracciatella cake mix
- 150g butter or margarine
- 4 medium eggs
- 50ml (5 tablespoons) milk, room temperature
- 30cm spring form pan
- Electric mixer
- Heat the oven to 320° F (160° C). Place rack in middle position.
- Grease the pan with butter and dust with flour, or use a baking spray.
- Prepare the Batter:
- In a bowl, beat the 150g butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the cake mix, 50ml milk and the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat on lowest speed until a smooth batter forms. Beat on high speed for 1 minute until batter is light and airy.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and bake about 60 minutes, until golden brown.
- After removing from oven, wait 3-4 minutes before removing cake from pan.
- Store cake for maximum 3 days in a tight container or sealed plastic bag.
- Freeze for a maximum of 3 weeks in tightly wrapped plastic.
- To check if the cake is done, use a cake pricker. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Decorate the cake with a chocolate glaze, or sprinkles.