Mix for Dutch sugar sand cookies.
- Beat the butter in a bowl until smooth and add the mix.
- Beat using a mixer with dough hooks or by hand until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- Sprinkle flour on counter and roll each piece of dough into 20cm logs. If the dough is too soft, place in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 340°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter or baking spray, or use parchment paper.
- Slice the dough into 1cm pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet, leaving 3-5cm between each cookie.
- Brush the cookies with slightly beaten egg.
- Decorate the cookies with nuts, sprinkles or raisins.
- Bake in the middle of the oven 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.