Want to make oliebollen but don't have a deep fryer? These Oven Oliebollen (or Oviebollen) are the next best thing.
- 1 Pack Koopmans Oven Oliebollen Mix
- 250ml Lukewarm Water (~37 ° C / 98 ° F)
- 100g Raisins (optional)
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Oil (Sunflower or peanut)
- Aluminum Foil
- Muffin Tin (12 holes)
- Mixer with paddle
- Medium mixing bowl
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
- When using raisins, soak for about 15 minutes in lukewarm water and then pat thoroughly dry
- In a mixing bowl, combine water and yeast from the package. Then add the Koopmans Oven Oliebollen mix.
- Mix on highest setting until the batter is thoroughly combined
- Stir raisins into the batter if using
- Cover the bowl with stretch wrap or foil and let rise for 30 minutes. Be sure not to mix the batter while it’s proofing!
- Preheat the oven to 400 °C 200 °F) with a rack in the center
- Lightly oil the muffin pan. Then sprinkle flour across the muffin pan until all holes are thoroughly floured. Shake off excess flour by flipping the tin over and tapping it out.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin holes.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil over each ball of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove the balls from the muffin tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar.
Tips & Variations
- This mix is intended for the oven, do not deep-fry this batter. For classic deep fried Oliebollen, try Koopmans Oliebollen Mix
- Ensure the water is warm enough, but not too hot. If the water is too cold, the batter will not rise.
- Try this recipe with apple pieces instead of raisins!
Allow the Oviebollen to cool completely and then pack them in an airtight container. Keeps in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in an oven at 400 °C 200 °F) for 5-7 minutes.