A Dutch New Year's tradition, Oliebollen are fried dough balls with raisins, sprinkled with icing sugar.
- 1 Pack Koopmans Oliebollen mix
- 1/2 Litre (500ml) Warm Water
- 250g Raisins (Washed and dried) (optional)
- Mix package with water. Stir until smooth.
- Add raisins to mixture
- Cover the mix with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for 30-45 minutes at room temperature
- Heat a fryer or pan of vegetable oil to 375g
- Use 2 spoons to make small balls of dough, dropping them directly into the oil.
- Allow the dough to cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel or wire rack to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle oliebollen with icing sugar while they're still warm!
Makes about 25 oliebollen.