Mix for Romige Appeltaart (Creamy Custard Apple Pie).
- 1 pack Koopmans Creamy Apple Pie Mix
- 125g soft butter or margarine
- 125ml whip cream
- 200ml milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large or 4 small apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 30g sugar
- 24cm spring form pan
- electric mixer, preferably with dough hooks
- Place rack in the middle of the oven and pre-heat to 350° F (180° C)
- Grease the pan with butter or a baking spray.
Prepare The Dough:
- Stir 125g butter in a bowl until soft.
- Add the Apple Pie Mix and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix with an electric mixer or by hand until a cohesive dough forms.
- Spread dough in prepared pan, making a 1.5cm ridge along the side.
Prepare The Filling:
- Beat 125ml whip cream with 200ml milk in a clean bowl and add the mix for banketbakkersroom (pastry cream).
- Beat for 2 minutes on lowest speed.
- Spread the batter over the dough. Make sure to leave 1cm at the top so the tart does not bake over the side.
- Peel the apples and slice into thin slices. Arrange the apple slices over cream as pictured on the front of the box, beginning on the outside.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, a few minutes longer if the apples haven't browned.
- Cool for 1 hour before removing from pan.
- Store the tart in the fridge for maximum 2 days. Not suitable for freezing.
- For vegan tart, use margarine for the bottom, plant based cream and 200ml sweetened soy milk for the filling. Package ingredients suitable for vegans.
- Instead of apples, use rhubarb, plums or pears.