Dutch apple tart mix with extra dough for making deeper pies.
- 220g butter
- 1 egg
- 8 apples
- 100g raisins
- 30g sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 24, 26, or 28 cm springform pan
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and place rack in middle.
- Grease the springform pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Beat the butter until soft. Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Add 2/3 of the egg to the apple tart mix and knead with dough hooks of a beater or by hand. If the dough is too soft, place in refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and slice apples in small blocks.
- Mix the apples with 30g sugar, 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon and the raisins.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- Pour in the apples and press down.
- Sprinkle some flour on the counter. Roll the remaining into thin rolls. Press each piece and lay crosswise over the apples mix.
- Brush the remaining egg over the dough.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour before removing from pan.