Ready-to-use yeast for sourdough bread. Skip the starter!
- 150g Rye Flour
- 350g Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 package Dr. Oetker Sourdough
- 1 tbs. Yeast
- 400ml Warm Water
- 2 tbs. Oil
- 2 tbs. Seeds (sesame, caraway, etc.)
- 1 tbs. Sesame or Caraway seed
- 1 tsp. Flour
- 1 tsp Water
- In a large bowl mix the rye flour, flour, salt, sugar, sourdough and yeast.
- Slowly add water to get a soft, dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Cover dough and leave in a warm place to rise for an hour or more.
- Line a 10cm x 30cm pan with a sheet of baking paper, pushing it into the corners.
- Add oil and seeds to the risen dough and mix well.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Push the dough into the tin and smooth flat.
- Brush the top with water, seeds and flour.
- Cut slashes with knife in the top.
- Cover and leave for an hour to rise.
- Pre-heat oven to 220° C (425° F).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 190° C (375° F)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin.