Mix for Tjap Tjoi, an Indonesian fried vegetable dish.
- 350 g rice
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut in to strips
- 150 g coarsely chopped cabbage (coleslaw mix works well)
- 350 g chicken, cubed
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok or pan and cook chicken thoroughly.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the herb mixture over the vegetables and add 500 ml water. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice.