Babi Pangang has its origins in Chinese cuisine and was taken to Indonesia by immigrants. This Babi Pangang sauce, composed from carefully selected ingredients, is the basis for this meat dish.
- 500 g sliced pork chops.
- 2 teaspoons of djahe (ginger).
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon of laos (galanga root).
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- 2 tablespoons of Ketjap Manis.
- Add 200 ml of boiling water to the sauce mix.
- Stir until smooth.
Recipe for Babi Pangang:
- Mix the djahe, garlic powder, laos and onion powder with the Ketjap Manis and marinate the meat in it.
- Stir fry the meat for 5 minutes. Then let it cook through low heat.
- Serve the Babi Pangang with the warm Babi pangan sauce.