Kale, mashed potatoes and sausage, what's not to like?
Not a fan of kale? This traditional Dutch kale stamppot will change your mind. Creamy mashed potatoes mixed with kale and served with smoked sausage is the ultimate comfort food, and adds nutrient rich greens to your meal!
|1||720ml Jar Kale, Drained (fresh or canned works too)|
|1||Gelderse Smoked Sausage (or more!)|
|1 Package||Silvo Mix for Stamppot Boerenkool|
|1 Package||Maggi Jus Stamppot|
- Peel potatoes and onions and chop into small pieces. Drain the kale.
- Add the potatoes, onion, bay leaf and kale to a large pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Lay the sausage on top and continue to boil gently for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Remove the sausage and drain the potato, onion, kale mixture. Discard the bay leaf. Return to the pan and add the milk, butter and Silvo Mix for Stamppot Boerenkool. Mash together thoroughly.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the Maggi Jus Stamppot. Melt 25g of butter until light brown. Add 250ml (1 cup) of water, and contents of package. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened.
- Serve the stamppot with sausage, and gravy on the side.