Creative inspirations for using soup mixes in other recipes.
Have some extra soup mix on hand and want to try something new? Here are some great ways to use soup mix (other than making soup of course!).
Check out our whole assortment of soup mixes here.
Soup Mix Ideas
- Add it to any casserole or dish that requires mixed vegetables, such as shepherd’s pie or stuffed peppers.
- Blend 1/2 cup of Vegetable Soup mix with fresh or dried savoury herbs and water in a 2 quart stock pot for homemade vegetable stock.
- Soak Vegetable Soup Mix in just enough water to re-hydrate and add to Greek yogurt or sour cream along with your favourite seasonings (garlic flakes, celery salt, and chopped fresh dill work great) for a delicious dip. Serve with chips or sliced raw vegetables.
- To make veggie cream cheese, add two tablespoons of Dried Vegetable Soup mix and garlic flakes or other favourite seasonings to a container of whipped cream cheese. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. Delicious with veggies, chips, or on a sandwich.
- Make rice according to package directions, but substitute stock for water and add ½ cup of Vegetable Soup Mix. Makes easy, healthy veggie rice.
- Soak Vegetable Soup Mix in cold water and bring the water to a boil. Continue to boil for 3-5 minutes before adding ramen noodles. Boil the veggies and noodles for an additional 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Soak Vegetable soup mix in just enough water to re-hydrate and add to tuna salad or chicken salad.
- Delicious in croquettes.
- Soak Vegetable Soup Mix in just enough water to re-hydrate and then add to meatloaf mix.
- Add dried Vegetable Soup Mix to your favourite Chili recipe to add fresh flavour.
- Add to your favourite Macaroni and Cheese. Soak Vegetable Soup Mix in just enough water to re-hydrate. Add to prepared Macaroni and Cheese.
- For chunkier and more nutritious spaghetti sauce, add Vegetable Soup Mix to the sauce and then slowly heat. Make sure the vegetables are fully re-hydrated before serving.
- Soak Vegetable Soup Mix in just enough water to re-hydrate. Prepare a package of instant rice according to directions. Mix soup, rice, a can of tuna or chicken and some canned or frozen peas. Heat and serve.
- Add to a crock-pot with broth when cooking roast beef, chicken, or pork.
- Grind the dehydrated mix with a coffee grinder or large pepper mill to get a powdery veggie seasoning. Put it in a shaker with some garlic powder and red pepper for a delicious seasoning blend.
- You can also use these veggie flakes to sneak vegetables into picky kid’s diets. Add to pizza sauce, Hamburger Helper, or Sloppy Joe mix.
- Soak Vegetable Soup Mix in just enough water to re-hydrate. Add to beaten eggs for a delicious omelette or scrambled eggs.