Mix for white chicken chili, serves 8.
About Canterbury Naturals Artisan Soups
Canterbury Naturals artisan soup mixes are GMO free, made with quality ingredients and a commitment to support local, sustainable farming.
- 5 Cups Water
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1lb. Chicken Breast (Boneless, Skinless)
- 1 (4oz.) Can Chopped Green Chilies (Optional)
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Rinse and pick through beans.
- Combine beans, water, chicken stock and chicken in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, until beans are tender.
- Thirty minutes prior to the end of cooking time, remove the chicken from the soup and cool for 5 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with a fork, then return it to the slow cooker. Stir in the vegetable packet, seasoning packet and green chilies (if using).
- Cover and cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
Stove top directions:
- Rinse and pick through the beans.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine beans and water in a stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add remaining contents of soup mix, chicken stock and green chilies (if using) in pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- **Note: if using prepared chicken add during the last 10 minutes of cook time.
Tip: Finish with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime.